Friday, September 19, 2014

Ride to Barcelona (part 1)

On Monday I spent a lazy morning at the campsite and then finally went to the store and bought some food to prepare for my attempted ride to Barcelona on my polo bike. I sent a heavy bag of stuff and my polo gear with the Czech travel van so I wouldn't have to carry so much with me. I only got a little lost the first day, and got to see some lovely French beach towns. With the help of a guy walking his dog I found a lovely bike path along the Mediterranean that I followed for most of the evening until I found a place to camp on the beach. It was a beautiful night and I enjoyed the perfect weather and a sky filled with endless stars. I even found a place to set up my hammock. The sunset was beautiful as well! The next day I had to head inland to follow the easiest route to Barcelona. Unfortunately in the heat of the day I got three flats and could barely find any shade to fix them in. In the evening a guy offered to carry my bag to the next town, and I could meet him there and get my bag. Which was a really nice offer, but I knew I wouldn't be making it to that town for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment